Cart 0 items: $0.00

Balgownie Estate

Simon Wiener
 
9 March 2020 | Vineyard Information | Simon Wiener

2020 Vintage Update

Despite everything that has been going on in the world, the fruit in the vineyard continues to mature nicely with the sunshine ripening the berries.

Our Chardonnay fruit in Bendigo was hand harvested this week and were in great condition. The yields in the vineyards have been quite low but the quality of the fruit harvested has been excellent. The grapes were picked with low baumé, but very good acid which should result in a fabulous wine that is capable of aging for an extended period. Once delivered to the winery, the small crop begun its fermentation, with 60% allowed to ferment with indigenous, wild yeast to encourage complexity in the finished wine. The remaining 40% was inoculated with a cultured yeast.

Comments

Commenting has been turned off.